Stout scores 21 points to help Fordham clinch a berth in Atlantic-10 tournament
NEW YORK (AP)—Marcus Stout scored 15 of his 21 points in the second half and Fordham beat St. Bonaventure 69-61 on Saturday to clinch a berth in the Atlantic-10 tournament.
Sebastian Greene added 16 points for the Rams (12-16, 6-10), who had lost three straight and four of the last five. Bryant Dunston added 12 points and 11 rebounds for Fordham.
Tyler Relph scored 20 points to lead the Bonnies (8-22, 2-14), who have lost seven of eight. Zarryon Fereti added 13 points and Michael Lee and D’Lancy Carter each had 12.
St. Bonaventure jumped out to a 16-8 lead as Relph hit two 3-pointers. The Rams answered with a 19-5 run to take a 27-21 lead with 5:43 left in the first half.
The Bonnies then closed the half with a 11-3 spurt to take a 32-30 lead at the break.
Fordham regained the lead midway through the second half on a dunk by Dunston and extended the advantage to 62-53 on two free throws by Stout with 1:39 left.
- Breakfast buffet: Jayhawks escape Colorado, No. 1 curse
- Tar Heels ready for Final Four push after title-game loss
- Freshman class makes Duke a title favorite once again
- Police: South Carolina guard Felder kicked officers
- Clemson looking to end NCAA Tournament drought this season
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner