Dayton 79, Saint Joseph’s 67
DAYTON, Ohio (AP)—Marcus Johnson scored 17 points and Brian Roberts added 15 to lead Dayton past Saint Joseph’s 79-67 on Saturday.
Jimmy Binnie and Andreas Sandoval each added 12 and Charles Little came off the bench to score 11 for the Flyers (20-9, 8-8 Atlantic 10).
Ahmad Nivins had 23 points, Pat Calathes 17, Rob Ferguson 11 and Tasheed Carr 10 for the Hawks (18-11, 9-7).
A 3-pointer by Darren Govens and two baskets by Nivins gave Saint Joseph’s a quick 7-2 lead before a sparse crowd because of the inclement weather that dumped several inches of snow on the city.
With the score tied at 11, the Flyers went on a 10-0 run built around 3-pointers by Binnie and Roberts and layups by Johnson and Little.
Dayton led by as many as 19 points late in the half and never led by fewer than seven points in the second half.
The Flyers hit half of their 18 3-point shots while Saint Joseph’s was 6 of 22.
- Jackson Simmons is willing to pay to play at North Carolina
- Arizona's Talbott Denny injures knee, out for season
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35
- Hamilton signs with Texas Tech after 3 seasons at DePaul