Agokgnon scores 15 to lead Cal State Fullerton over UC Irvine, 74-66
IRVINE, Calif. (AP)— Josh Akognon scored 15 points with six rebounds and Frank Robinson added 14 points with six rebounds to lead visiting Cal State Fullerton to a 74-66 victory over UC Irvine on Saturday at the Bren Events Center.
The Titans (21-8, 12-4 Big West) opened the second half on a 9-2 run capped an Akognon 3-pointer with 16:52 left in the game. Irvine (15-15, 9-7) got as close as three points at 50-47, but Fullerton went on a 14-3 run to put the game out of reach.
Patrick Sanders scored 18 points and Daniel Fells added 11 points with nine rebounds to lead the Anteaters.
Irvine missed its first five shots and none of its fist 10 to open the game. The Anteaters didn?t score from the field until Sanders made a 3-pointer 4:16 into the game.
Fullerton took advantage of Irvine?s poor shooting to build a 10-point lead when Robinson converted a 3-point play. Irvine cut the deficit to two points, but the Titans closed the half on a 7-4 run to take a five-point lead into the break.
- Pepperdine guard Keion Bell dunks over seven people
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case