Kickingstallionsims scores 22 points in Hornets’ win over Tigers
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP)—Chief Kickingstallionsims scored 22 points and Jamarr Sanders added 21 more in Alabama State’s 103-83 victory over Jackson State on Saturday.
The Hornets (19-9) led 56-42 at the half after shooting 58.3 percent from the field in the opening segment.
The Tigers (12-19) were 16-of-35 from the floor for 45.7 percent shooting in the first half.
Brandon Gordon scored 13 points and Rashad Provitt followed with 11 for Alabama State.
Jackson State was led by Grant Maxey with 21 points, Darrion Griffin added 19, Catraiva Givens scored 16 and Garrison Johnson chipped in 11 points to round out the Tigers’ double-digit scoring.
- Digger Phelps dances like nobody's watching
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58
- Louisiana-Monroe knocks off Arkansas-Little Rock 86-82
- Boise State tries to rebound from controversial ending