Tim Anderson leads Air Force in 46-43 win over San Diego St.
AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colo. (AP)—Tim Anderson scored 11 points to lead Air Force to a 46-43 win over San Diego State on Saturday.
In a physical game under the boards, the key play was a defensive rebound by Evan Washington with a second left to play.
With Air Force leading 45-43, Washington grabbed the rebound off a shot by Lorrenzo Wade and was fouled by Ryan Amoroso on the way down. Washington converted a free throw to give Air Force a three-point lead, and the subsequent inbound pass was deflected at midcourt to preserve the win.
Air Force (16-13, 8-8 Mountain West) led through the entire second half, but the Aztecs stayed in the game behind the three-point shooting of D.J. Gay, who scored 17 points.
Keith Maren provided the spark Air Force needed with just under 10 minutes to play.
The senior center drove the length of the floor after stealing a pass beneath the basket to make the score 35-30. He then went to the line to complete a three-point play, giving Air Force a six-point margin.
The Aztecs (19-11, 9-7) never overcame the lead.
- Tim Anderson leads Air Force in 46-43 win over San Diego St.
- The 10 highest-paid college basketball coaches
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook