Hampton beats North Carolina A&T 71-55
HAMPTON, Va. (AP)—Vincent Simpson scored 18 points to lead Hampton University to a 71-55 North Carolina A&T on Monday night.
Matthew Pilgrim, Brandon Tunnell and Micheal Freeman all had 10 points for Hampton (17-11, 10-5 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference).
Jason Willis had 13 of his 18 points in the second half for North Carolina A&T (14-15, 8-7), which trailed by six points at halftime.
Glenn Nelson’s 3-pointer cut the Pirates’ lead to 42-33 with 13:05 left, but Rashad West made a free throw and Donte Harrison scored on a putback to give Hampton a 12-point lead.
Willis’ two free throws brought the Aggies within 52-44 with less than 7 minutes to go, but Simpson hit a 3-pointer to end the final threat.
Austin Ewing had 10 points for North Carolina A&T.
- Ten reasons you should let your employees watch March Madness
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66
- No. 14 Iowa State beats No. 24 Texas 85-75
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56