Ballard leads Florida A&M to 85-72 win over South Carolina State
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP)—Joe Ballard scored 19 points and added four rebounds as Florida A&M defeated South Carolina State 85-72 on Monday night in a Mid-Eastern Athletic Game.
The Rattlers (13-16, 8-7 Mideastern Athletic Conference) trailed 41-38 at the half, but a 12-5 run to start the second half set the tone for the rest of the game.
Florida A&M never trailed again after retaking the lead, despite a back-and-forth first half that included nine lead changes.
Florida A&M was nearly impossible to stop from behind the 3-point line in the second half, shooting 73 percent from behind the arc.
For the Bulldogs, Jason Flagler led all scorers with 20 points and 11 rebounds. Jason Johnson added 15 points and six rebounds in the effort.
The win was the fourth consecutive victory for the Rattlers, who are above .500 with one game to play in the regular season.
- The UNC NIT banner question is answered
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66
- No. 14 Iowa State beats No. 24 Texas 85-75
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56