St. Bonaventure gets first road win, beats Saint Louis 70-50
ST. LOUIS (AP)—Tyler Relph scored a career-high 25 points, including 6-for-6 from 3-point range, as St. Bonaventure beat Saint Louis 70-50 Saturday in its first road win this season.
Michael Lee added 16 points for the Bonnies (8-20, 2-12 Atlantic 10), who snapped a six-game losing streak and a 13-game road losing streak. D’Lancy Carter had 12 points.
St. Bonaventure took a 36-25 halftime lead, thanks in part to 57 percent field goal shooting, including 5-of-6 from 3-point range.
The Billikens (16-13, 7-8) were led by Kevin Lisch, who had 19 points in their final home game of the season and final game in the Scottrade Center. Saint Louis, which opens its new campus arena next month, ends the regular season on March 8 at Duquesne.
The Bonnies used a 16-3 first half run to bolt out to a lead that would eventually grow to as many as 21 after a Lee basket midway through the second half.
Saint Louis used a 10-0 run, including seven points from Lisch, to pull within 54-43, but that’s as close as the Billikens would get.
Relph, whose previous career-high was 21 points, scored 16 points in the second half.
The Bonnies shot 52 percent from the field for the game, including 10-of-15 from 3-point range, while the Billikens connected on just 35 percent of their shots.
- Carlos Medlock's 20 points leads E. Michigan over Toledo 68-44
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win
- Road woes aplenty as Big 12 teams navigate conference grind
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65
- Brooks scores 30 as No. 16 Oregon beats Utah 76-66
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina