Peterson leads Samford to 68-62 win over SE Missouri
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. (AP)—Travis Peterson scored 17 points to lead Samford to a 68-62 victory over Southeast Missouri on Thursday night
Trey Montgomery added 12 points for the Bulldogs (14-14, 10-9 Ohio Valley), Josh Bedwell had 11 and Bryan Friday had 10.
Jaycen Herring led Southeast Missouri (12-18, 7-12) with 18 points and Michael Rembert had nine rebounds.
Samford opened up a 10-point lead early in the second half, but Southeast Missouri battled back to take the lead midway through the second half. Samford made two clutch 3-pointers in the final 1:22 to pull out the win.
Southeast Missouri, which began the season at 6-0, has lost seven straight and 12 of its last 13 conference games, eliminating the Redhawks from conference tournament contention.
- Second-half barrage from C.J. Wilcox rescues Washington
- Trier scores 18, No. 17 Arizona holds off UCLA 81-75
- Holder scores 20, Arizona State knocks off No. 23 USC, 74-67
- Disallowed Boise State buzzer-beater should have counted
- Monmouth stuns Rider late in 79-78 win
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold