SE La. holds off strong rally to beat Nicholls St. 54-52
HAMMOND, La. (AP)—Dekyron Nicks had 13 points and Southeastern Louisiana held off a strong second-half rally by Nicholls State to win 54-52 on Saturday.
The Lions (14-11, 6-6 Southland) scored the game’s first nine points and led 33-16 at halftime.
During that half, Southeastern made 54.5 percent of its shots from the floor and 3 of 9 from 3-point range, while Nicholls managed only 18 percent of its field goal attempts and none of its seven 3-point attempts.
Southeastern never trailed. But Nicholls (7-20, 2-10) outscored the Lions 20-6 over the first 11:15 of the second half, including 10 points from Ryan Bathie, who finished with 12.
Kevyn Green had 11 points for the Lions.
The Colonels were led by 13 points from Anatoly Bose. Justin Payne and Adonis Gray had 12 each.
- Promising recruit's tragic death stuns IUPUI coaches
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak
- Monmouth (NJ) cruises to 91-67 win over Fairfield
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team