Pepperdine beats Loyola Marymount 72-63
LOS ANGELES (AP)—Tyrone Shelley had 17 points and 12 rebounds to lead Pepperdine to a 72-63 victory over Loyola Marymount on Saturday.
Rico Tucker and Ryan Holmes each added 15 points for the Pepperdine (10-18, 4-8 West Coast Conference).
Holmes went 7-for-8 from the line in the final 2:30 to help the Waves to their third win in four games.
Marco Deric and Quentin Turner each scored 12 points for Loyola Marymount. LMU’s leading scorer Orlando Johnson missed all nine shots he took and went scoreless for the first time this season.
The Lions (5-23, 2-10) dropped their fifth straight and have lost nine of 10.
Pepperdine led by as many as 14 points in the first half before Loyola Marymount battled back in the second half.
Corey Counts’ 3-pointer with 3:32 to play cut Pepperdine
Following Counts’ basket, the Waves’ defense stiffened and held the Lions to one free throw over the next three minutes. Pepperdine forced 26 LMU turnovers.
- Malcolm Gladwell still talking about the full-court press
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58
- Louisiana-Monroe knocks off Arkansas-Little Rock 86-82
- Boise State tries to rebound from controversial ending