Rose leads E. Kentucky to close win over Ball State, 51-48
RICHMOND, Ky. (AP)—Mike Rose hit a jump shot with 16.5 seconds left to put Eastern Kentucky up for good in a 51-48 win over Ball State Saturday night.
Adam Leonard sank two free throws with 2.1 seconds left for the final score.
The Colonels (14-13) led throughout the game and were up 23-18 at the half.
Ball State (5-21) took its first lead with a score by Anthony Newell to go up 41-39 with 5:32 left.
The game see-sawed back and forth with neither team holding more than a two-point lead until the final seconds.
Peyton Stovall gave the Cardinals their last lead when he broke free for a layup with 38 seconds left to put Ball State up 48-47, setting the stage for Rose and Leonard’s late-game heroics.
Stovall scored 22 points for Ball State.
Rose led Eastern Kentucky with 17 points, and Josh Taylor added 13, including 10 points in the second half.
- Tulane wins 4th in a row 53-50 over Alabama
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66
- No. 14 Iowa State beats No. 24 Texas 85-75
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56