Moten comes off bench to lead Bowling Green past Detroit, 81-65
DETROIT (AP)—Reserve Brian Moten scored 18 points and Joe Jakubowksi added a career-best 17 Saturday to lead Bowling Green past Detroit, 81-65, in the BracketBusters showcase.
Jakubowski had six points during a 12-4 run early in the second half that gave the Falcons (12-14) a double-digit lead for good. He had 14 points in the second half.
Chris Hayes had a career-high 22 points and Michael Harrington and Tryl Hartfield each added 11 for the Titans (7-20), who lost their school-record 10th game at Calihan Hall this season.
Detroit’s Jon Goode, the Horizon League’s leading scorer at 19.3 points per game, missed the game and is day-to-day after suffering a knee injury Wednesday at Wright State. Teammate Woody Payne, who started 21 games this season, will miss the remainder of the year after undergoing surgery on a broken foot he suffered during a Feb. 14 game.
Nate Miller scored 13 points and Chris Knight added 12 and 11 rebounds for Bowling Green, which led 38-34 at intermission.
- Meet the LeMoyne Dolphins, Syracuse's exhibition nightmare
- No. 7 Virginia back track with a little luck, lots of 'D'
- Florida St looking to continue success against zone defenses
- Selection Sunday is just 5 weeks away
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Watson's 32 leads Creighton to 70-56 upset of No. 5 Xavier