Breeze’s tip-in gives Coastal Carolina 56-55 win over High Point
CONWAY, S.C. (AP)—Anthony Breeze’s tip-in with 3 seconds left was the difference in Coastal Carolina’s 56-55 win over High Point on Monday which included a disputed finish.
After Breeze’s putback of Logan Johnson’s missed layup, the Panthers (14-12, 6-6 Big South Conference) raced the ball down the floor and an official called a foul on Eugene Harris’ driving layup attempt as time expired.
The officials then huddled before ruling the foul came after the buzzer, giving Coastal Carolina (13-12, 6-6) its second win over High Point this season.
Jack Leasure had 15 points and six rebounds, Phil Wallace added 13 points and Mario Sisinni scored 11 for the Chanticleers.
Arizona Reid had 17 points and eight rebounds for High Point and became the Big South’s career rebounding leader with 960. Harris added 14 points, but the Panthers could not hold onto a 10-point first-half lead.
- Even Duke benchwarmers get senior night tribute videos
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak
- Sherrod sets record; Yale beats Columbia 86-72
- Providence adjusting from latest bite from injury bug