26-5 second half run carries Savannah St. over Utah Valley
SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP)—Curtis Brown hit two 3-pointers and Lazarius Coleman added a trio of layups in a 26-5 second-half run that carried Savannah State to a 61-46 victory over Utah Valley on Saturday.
Chris Linton broke a 29-29 deadlock on a layup with 18:19 to play and Jovonni Shuler ended the run on a layup, making it 56-34 with 5:52 remaining.
Raye Bailey led the Tigers (12-17) with 13 points and Coleman and Joseph Flegler each added 12. Coleman also had 11 rebounds.
Ryan Toolson had 18 points for Utah Valley (12-14) and Richard Troyer and Jordan Brady added 10 apiece.
Bjorn Bohley’s layup with a second left in the first half gave the Tigers a 26-25 lead at the intermission.
- Do's and Don'ts for filling out your NCAA brackets
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58
- Louisiana-Monroe knocks off Arkansas-Little Rock 86-82
- Boise State tries to rebound from controversial ending