Futrell plays all 40, scores 24 in NC Central win over Chowan
DURHAM, N.C. (AP)—Charles Futrell scored 24 points as North Carolina Central played just its fifth home game this season and beat Chowan 70-56 on Saturday for its second straight win.
It was also the first game in 17 days for the Eagles (3-23), whose schedule has included 21 road games as its first year as a member of NCAA Division I winds down. The 14-point win was also the team’s largest margin of victory this season.
Futrell played all 40 minutes for N.C. Central.
Bryan Ayala added 18 points for the Eagles.
Jaleel Nelson, Layth Mansour and Montino Williams had 10 points apiece for the Braves (11-14)
- Cooley leads Irish to upset over No. 1 Syracuse
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- No. 22 Kentucky blows out South Carolina 89-62
- Rosco Allen's 25 leads Stanford past No. 11 Oregon
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56
- No. 20 Providence ends skid with 75-72 win over Georgetown