Norwood scored 15 as Texas Southern knocks off visiting Grambling
HOUSTON (AP)—Sollie Norwood scored 15 points to lead Texas Southern to a 79-63 win over Grambling State on Saturday.
Norwood knocked down three 3-pointers, and Matthew Miller and Raymond Robinson each hit two more. Texas Southern was 8-of-24 from 3-point range.
Roland Robins finished with 12 points and Miller added 11 for Texas Southern (6-18, 5-6 Southwestern Athletic).
Norwood led Texas Southern with eight rebounds, followed by six for Robins and five each for David Burrell and Anthony Ike.
Jared Riley scored 17 points and grabbed nine rebounds for Grambling State (6-13, 6-6). Andrew Prestley added seven points and eight rebounds, while Anthony Williams and Jamal Breaux each had nine points and seven rebounds.
- Louisiana Tech beats Louisiana-Monroe 68-52
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69