Reed leads ETSU in 81-78 win over Lipscomb
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (AP)—Andrew Reed scored 23 and led East Tennessee to a 81-78 victory over Lipscomb on Saturday.
ETSU (15-11, 9-4 Atlantic Sun Conference) jumped out front, leading by as many as 15, before a 9-0 run by Lipscomb (13-14, 7-6) at the end of the first half cut its lead to 37-31.
The second half saw seven lead changes and a pair of ties. A three pointer by Lipscomb’s LaKory Daniels brought that team within a point of tying, making the score 79-78 with just over two seconds to play. But a pair of free throws by Travis Strong gave ETSU 81 and Lipscomb was unable to pull off a last play.
Also helping ETSU, which shot 42 percent to Lipscomb’s 33 percent, were Kenyona Swader with 18 points and 10 rebounds and Micah Williams with 14 points.
Josh Slater led Lipscomb with 18 points, Daniels had 17, Jimmy Oden added 15 and Adna Hodzic added 10.
- Lil' Romeo's underwhelming USC career comes to an end
- Hoosiers use late surge to upset No. 4 Hawkeyes 85-78
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58