Santa Barbara outlasts UC Davis, 77-73
DAVIS, Calif. (AP)—Ivan Elliott scored 18 points and Chris Devine put in 15 more as UC Santa Barbara outlasted last-place UC Davis 77-73 on Saturday.
The Gauchos (19-6, 8-4 Big West) held the lead for the entire second half, holding the Aggies off as they attempted to win for the first time in eight games.
UC Davis pulled to within one point three times in the second half, but could never equalize.
It was 69-67 when Justin Joyner missed a pair of free throws with 53.3 seconds remaining. Devine pulled down the rebound and after a timeout, James Powell hit a jumper to extend the lead.
Dominic Calegari scored 26 points for UC Davis (8-17, 2-10), his second career high in as many nights. He scored 25 on Thursday at Cal State Fullerton.
- Vitale seemed rather tempered for last night's announcer swap
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77
- Thornwell leads South Carolina to 94-83 win over LSU
- Hayes, Brown lead Wisconsin to 72-61 win over Nebraska
- Iowa big man Adam Woodbury silences critics