Bullock scores 19 as Cleveland St. beats Valpo 71-58
VALPARAISO, Ind. (AP)—J’Nathan Bullock scored 19 points as Cleveland State beat Valparaiso 71-58 Thursday night in the Horizon League.
Cedric Jackson had 15 points and seven assists and Joe Davis scored 11 for the Vikings (17-10, 10-5), who outrebounded the Crusaders 29-26 in a game that featured four ties and four lead changes.
Valparaiso led 35-34 at the break, but Breyohn Watson hit a jumper to give the Vikings the lead and Cleveland State never again trailed.
The Crusaders (14-11, 5-8) got to within 53-51 with 9:15 left, but Kevin Francis answered with a 3-pointer that ignited a 13-4 run that gave the Vikings a 10-point lead. Valpo never threatened again.
Urle Igbavboa scored 14 to lead Valparaiso. Shawn Huff had 13 and Brandon McPherson 11.
Jarryd Loyd had seven assists for the Crusaders.
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Pearl: Auburn's Kareem Canty leaves team, school to turn pro
- Davis helps No. 19 Dayton beat Rhode Island 68-66
- UNC's Roy Williams: 'I feel fine' after vertigo attack at BC
- Yale winning streak at 11 after 75-65 win over Dartmouth
- Tough road awaits surging Wisconsin, back in Big Ten picture