VMI makes comeback to beat Coastal Carolina 88-83
LEXINGTON, Va. (AP)—Travis Holmes had 24 points and nine rebounds and VMI made a late-game comeback to beat Coastal Carolina 88-83 on Saturday.
The Keydets (11-11, 3-5 Big South) trailed 44-35 at the half, scoring only 38.9 percent from the field.
The Chanticleers (11-11, 4-5) jumped out to a 17-point lead early in the second half on a 3-pointer by Jack Leasure, making it 61-44 with 15:17 to play. VMI took a 80-79 lead on a layup by Christian Hunter with 2:33 left.
Reggie Williams added 17 points for Keydets, Willie Bell and Hunter each had 15, and Chavis Holmes had 14.
Leasure led Coastal Carolina with 27 points, Anthony Breeze had 13, Mario Sisinni had 12 and Logan Johnson added 11.
- Video: MVSU guard Kevin Burwell taunts President Obama and ultimately regrets it
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78