Giddens’ career-high 36 points carries Lobos over Cowboys
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP)—J.R. Giddens scored 21 of his career-high 36 points in a lopsided first half as New Mexico beat Wyoming 100-55 Saturday night.
Giddens, who was 15-of-24 from the field, also had 11 rebounds and six steals as the Lobos completed a season sweep of the Cowboys for the first time since 1994.
Chad Toppert added 18 points—making five 3-pointers—for New Mexico, which reached 100 points for the first time this season.
It also marked the first time that Wyoming (9-3, 2-7) has given up 100 points this season.
Brad Jones had 13 points to pace the Cowboys, who trailed 50-34 at halftime.
Giddens scored seven points in an 18-2 run midway through the first half that gave the Lobos a 29-9 lead.
A 13-0 run midway through the second half made it 76-46 and New Mexico coasted from there.
- USC freshman punches Blake Griffin in his man-parts
- Davis helps No. 19 Dayton beat Rhode Island 68-66
- UNC's Roy Williams: 'I feel fine' after vertigo attack at BC
- Yale winning streak at 11 after 75-65 win over Dartmouth
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold
- Mississippi's Saiz returns from eye injury