Socoby scores key points in Maine OT win over UNH
DURHAM, N.H. (AP)—Mark Socoby scored 29 points, including the free throw that sent the game into overtime and five points in the extra period, to lift Maine to a 75-72 win over New Hampshire on Saturday.
Socoby, who also had 10 rebounds, converted a 3-point play to give Maine (7-16, 3-7 America East) a 71-67 lead. After New Hampshire’s Alvin Abreu hit two free throws for the Wildcats, Socoby’s scored on a jumper. Maine added two more free throws with 8 seconds left before Tyrece Gibbs hit a 3-pointer for New Hampshire as time expired.
Gibbs finished with 20 points and Eric Gilchrese had 16 for New Hampshire (7-16, 4-7).
Kaimondre Owes added 20 points for Maine.
Socoby hit one of two free throws with 26 seconds left in regulation to tie the game at 60. New Hampshire had a chance to win when Gibbs drove to the basket, then passed to Dane DiLiegro, but Phil Bofia blocked DiLiegro’s shot with two seconds remaining in regulation.
Socoby scored 21 in the first half as Maine led by as many as 19 and took a 45-28 halftime lead. New Hampshire stormed back in the second half with a 25-7 run and a 53-52 lead on Gilchrese’s 3-pointer.
- Tyler Hansbrough has a secret admirer. Okay, it's Mike Patrick.
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Stephen F Austin cruises against Northwestern State, 83-72
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win