Wilkerson scores career-high 25, Marshall beats ECarolina 83-49
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (AP)—Tyler Wilkerson scored a career-high 25 points to lead Marshall to an 83-49 win over East Carolina on Saturday.
Markel Humphrey added 15 points for Marshall (12-10, 4-5 Conference USA). Tirrell Baines scored 14 and Mark Dorris added 10 points.
Wilkerson had 19 first-half points on 9-of-10 shooting to give Marshall a 36-25 lead at halftime, and the Pirates got no closer in the second half.
Marshall’s lead grew to as many as 36 points on the strength of 54 percent shooting in the second half.
No players for East Carolina (8-13, 2-6) scored in double figures. Leading scorer Sam Hinnant, who had 24 points in the first meeting this season between the teams, was held to six points.
East Carolina was held to its fewest points and rebounds of the season. The Pirates were outrebounded 42-24.
- Troy Gillenwater’s predicament is a precursor of what’s ahead
- Davis helps No. 19 Dayton beat Rhode Island 68-66
- Disallowed Boise State buzzer-beater should have counted
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold
- Mississippi's Saiz returns from eye injury
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63