Dominguez helps Portland State beat NAU in Big Sky showdown
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP)—Jeremiah Dominguez scored 14 points and Portland State hung on to beat Northern Arizona 71-68 Thursday night and stay atop the Big Sky Conference standings.
Scott Morrison finished with 12 points for the Vikings (14-8, 7-2 Big Sky), who won their fifth consecutive game and completed a season sweep of the Lumberjacks (14-9, 6-4).
Kyle Landry had 22 points and seven rebounds for Northern Arizona, which lost its third straight, while Matt Johnson added 15 points and Josh Wilson 10.
The Lumberjacks rallied from a nine-point deficit to take a 59-58 lead on Landry’s three-point play with 5:47 remaining.
Portland State went ahead to stay at 63-62 on Deonte Huff’s shot from the paint with 3:36 to play.
Huff hit one free throw with 21.8 seconds left to make it 71-68 but missed both his foul shots with 4 seconds remaining.
Northern Arizona called a time out with 2.5 seconds left to set up a final play, but Wilson’s desperation 3-point hook shot from beyond midcourt was wide of the basket at the buzzer.
- Texas-Arlington tops CS Bakersfield 79-75 in OT
- Hoosiers use late surge to upset No. 4 Hawkeyes 85-78
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58