Axon, Eastern Michigan end losing streak with 63-56 win over Ohio
YPSILANTI, Mich. (AP)—Jarred Axon scored 18 points and Carlos Medlock added 13 and five assists Wednesday to help Eastern Michigan stop a three-game losing streak with a 63-56 victory over Ohio.
Justin Orr, Leon Williams and Bubba Walther had nine points apiece for the Bobcats (15-7, 6-3 Mid-American), who saw a five-game winning streak end. Ohio’s 17-for-49 performance (35 percent) from the field was its worst in a conference game this season.
Jesse Bunkley scored five of his 12 points during a 13-2 run early in the second half that gave the Eagles (8-13, 4-5) a cushion they never lost. Ohio never got closer than six points the rest of the game.
The Eagles outscored Ohio 8-3 in the final four minutes of the first half and led 26-21 at intermission.
- Lingering knee pain forces Michigan State’s Delvon Roe to retire
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne