DAYTON, Ohio (AP)—Brian Roberts scored nine points in the game’s closing minutes to spark Dayton’s comeback as the Flyers beat Charlotte 69-64 Wednesday night.
Dayton (16-5, 4-4 Atlantic 10) trailed by eight with 5:28 left when Roberts sank a 3-pointer to start a 10-0 run that ended with Dayton (16-5, 4-4) ahead 61-59.
Michael Gerrity made a layup for Charlotte (13-8, 4-3) to tie it at 61 with 2:11 left, but then Dayton’s London Warren made a jumper and two free throws and Roberts added two more free throws to ice the game for the Flyers.
Dayton forwards Charles Little and Kurt Huelsman each fouled out in the second half, but the Flyers still outscored Charlotte 18-5 down the stretch.
Charlotte got a sub-par game from their top scorer, Leemire Goldwire. He finished with just eight points—11 below his season average—on 2-of-16 shooting.
Little scored 16 points, Jimmy Binnie had 15 and Andres Sandoval added 10 for Dayton. Charlotte’s Lamont Mack scored 16 points while Charlie Coley had 10 points for the 49ers.
The Flyers improved to 12-1 at home this season.
- Funny TV blooper precedes Dayton-Xavier game
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78
- No. 9 Virginia pulls away from Pitt 64-50