IUPUI uses 3-pointer barrage to beat UMKC, 90-70
INDIANAPOLIS (AP)—George Hill and Austin Montgomery scored 23 and 22 points, respectively, to lead IUPUI to a 90-70 win over Missouri-Kansas City Saturday night.
Hill also grabbed 10 rebounds for IUPUI (16-5, 8-2) in the Summit League win.
Gary Patterson, coming off a career-high 37 points Thursday against Southern Utah, scored 17 points and hit 5-of-11 3-pointers. He hit 11-of-15 3-pointers Thursday. The Jaguars stayed hot from outside Saturday, making 10-of-20 3-pointers for the game.
IUPUI dominated inside as well, outscoring UMKC 42-22 in the paint. The Jaguars hit 59 percent of their field goal attempts.
Billy Pettiford added 11 assists and four steals for IUPUI.
Reggie Hamilton led UMKC (8-15, 3-7) with 17 points and seven assists. James Humphrey finished with 12 points and eight rebounds, and the Kangaroos wound up with a 36-35 rebounding edge.
UMKC hit 41 percent of its field goals and 31 percent of its 3-pointers.
IUPUI wrapped up a four-game homestand Saturday and now has a 13-game home winning streak this season.
- Act fast: George Mason Final Four rings on eBay
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak
- Monmouth (NJ) cruises to 91-67 win over Fairfield
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team