Cornell uses quick start to pummel Yale 66-45
NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP)—Ryan Wittman scored 18 points as Cornell scored the game’s first 10 points and cruised to a 66-45 win over Yale on Saturday night.
Jason Hartford added 13 points and Jeff Foote had 11 points and 11 rebounds for the Big Red (12-5, 4-0 Ivy League). Louis Dale chipped in with 10 points and four assists.
Yale (7-11, 1-3) was led by Alex Zampier with 12 points and Ross Morin had 10 points and 11 rebounds.
The Big Red began the game on a 16-3 run and added another 11-0 streak in the first half to take control. Cornell led 39-21 at the half and Yale never got closer than 15 points in the second half.
It was the sixth straight win for the Big Red and first win at Yale in seven years.
Cornell led by as many as 25 in the second half. The Big Red shot 45 percent from the field for the game and hit 15-of-18 free throws. Yale struggled to score all game shooting 26 percent from the field and just 50 percent from the line.
- Roy Williams insists dizzy spells are no big deal
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne
- Dubious record: Washington may see most players foul out
- Johnson, Bama's tough run starts with No. 15 Texas A&M