Johnson leads Illinois State past Missouri State, 64-63
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP)—Dom Johnson hit two free throws with 25 seconds left to give Illinois State a 64-63 win over Missouri State on Saturday night.
Johnson finished with 23 points to help Illinois State (16-6, 8-3 Missouri Valley) hold off Missouri State (11-12, 4-7).
The game had nine lead changes in the second half and was tied eight times, the last time at 58 with 2:54 left.
A 3-pointer by Spencer Laurie put Missouri State up 61-60 with 1:49 but Johnson scored with 1:01 left to give Illinois State up 62-61.
Two free throws by Chris Cooks gave Missouri State its final lead at 63-62 with 38 seconds left before Johnson’s winning free throws.
Missouri State had the ball with 15.9 seconds left but a drive and shot by Cooks bounced off the backboard as time expired.
Osiris Eldridge had 17 points for Illinois State, and Anthony Slack had 12 rebounds.
Dale Lamberth led Missouri State with 20 points, and Deven Mitchell had 13.
- A.J. Price will wipe that smile right off your face
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Stephen F Austin cruises against Northwestern State, 83-72
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win