Jackson, Owens-Murrey lead Western Illinois to 77-62 win over UMKC
MACOMB, Ill. (AP)—David Jackson and Jerryck Owens-Murrey each scored 16 points to lead Western Illinois to a 77-62 win over Missouri-Kansas City on Thursday night.
Jackson’s free throw with 9:26 left in the first half put Western Illinois (10-11, 5-5 Summit League) ahead for good 18-17 and sparked a 15-1 run for the Leathernecks.
David DuBois added 14 points and Chris Gonzalez and Josh Rivers each chipped in 11 points for Western Illinois, which led 39-24 at the half.
Tim Blackwell had a game-high 17 points and Dane Brumagin added 13 for Missouri-Kansas City (8-15, 3-7), which couldn’t come back from a poor shooting first half. The Kangaroos were 9-for-27 from field-goal range (33.3 percent), compared with 15-for-28 (53.6 percent) for the Leathernecks.
- Gary Williams auditioning for president of United Auto Workers
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win
- Road woes aplenty as Big 12 teams navigate conference grind
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65
- Brooks scores 30 as No. 16 Oregon beats Utah 76-66
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina