Robert Morris holds on for 61-60 win over Monmouth
WEST LONG BRANCH, N.J. (AP)—Jeremy Chappell scored 18 points—including four 3-pointers—as Robert Morris held on for a 61-60 win over Monmouth on Thursday night.
A.J. Jackson added 15 points for the Colonials (16-6, 7-2 Northeast Conference), who won their fourth straight game. Whitney Coleman had 17 points and six rebounds for the Hawks (5-16, 2-7), while Jhamar Youngblood came off the bench to add 15 points and Rickie Crews finished with 10 points, seven rebounds and three blocked shots.
The Colonials appeared to be in command when Bateko Francisco hit two free throws to give them a 59-53 lead with 4:35 left to play, but Monmouth fought back and cut the lead to 59-58 on Crews’ dunk with 1:55 remaining.
Jackson then hit a jumper on the Colonials’ next possession, but Youngblood made two free throws with 50 seconds left to cut the lead to 61-60. Neither team would score again. Monmouth got the last possession, but Youngblood’s 3-point try at the buzzer fell short.
- Western Illinois beats Prairie View 69-63
- Johnson, Paige help No. 9 Tar Heels roll past Panthers 85-64
- No. 2 Maryland loses at home to Wisconsin, 70-57
- Crazy play, crazier win: Duke stuns No. 7 Virginia at buzzer
- No. 22 Kentucky blows out South Carolina 89-62
- Rosco Allen's 25 leads Stanford past No. 11 Oregon