Jackson’s 33 points leads UTEP over Southern Miss. 90-79
EL PASO, Texas (AP)—Stefon Jackson scored 33 points to help lead Texas El-Paso to a 90-79 win over Southern Miss on Wednesday night.
Southern Miss jumped out to a 6-0 lead in the first two minutes, but UTEP answered with a 29-10 run and took its largest lead of the game, a 13-point margin, with six minutes left in the first half.
UTEP (13-6, 4-2 Conference USA) led 35-34 at halftime but Southern Miss kept the game close and took a 55-51 lead with 11 minutes remaining.
One of Jackson’s six 3-pointers put UTEP up 58-55 and the Miners never trailed again.
Marvin Kilgore added 13 points for UTEP, Randy Culpepper had 12 and Victor Ramalho had 11.
Jeremy Wise led Southern Miss with 19 points while Courtney Beasley scored 18 and Craig Craft and Demar Dotson scored 10 apiece.
Southern Miss (10-10, 2-4) shot 52 percent for the game to UTEP’s 56 percent.
Southern Miss outrebounded the Miners, 35-23.
- Setting the scene from the John Wooden public memorial
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win
- Road woes aplenty as Big 12 teams navigate conference grind
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65
- Brooks scores 30 as No. 16 Oregon beats Utah 76-66
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina