Thompson leads Rider in 79-65 win over Marist
POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. (AP)—Jason Thompson had 20 points, nine rebounds, four blocks and four assists to lead Rider to a 79-65 win over Marist in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Wednesday night.
Harris Mansell had 15 points for Rider, which won its eighth game in a row and moved into first place in the MAAC. Ryan Thompson scored 14 points and Justin Robinson added 11 for the Broncs (16-6, 9-2 MAAC). Rider shot 8-for-16 from 3-point range, committed just 11 turnovers, and outrebounded Marist 38-27.
Ben Farmer had 15 points, seven rebounds and three assists for Marist (14-8, 8-3). David Devezin had 13 points and Jay Gavin had 11.
Rider, which led throughout the game, closed out the first half on a 16-6 run to take a 41-29 halftime lead. Marist cut Rider’s lead to six points twice in the second half, but drew no closer.
Robinson’s 3-pointer gave the Broncs a 69-59 lead with 4:20 to go, and Rider held a double-digit lead the rest of the game.
- Trasolini, Santa Clara defeat E. Washington 89-74
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65
- Brooks scores 30 as No. 16 Oregon beats Utah 76-66
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win