Roemer’s 15 points help Colgate beat Holy Cross 58-46
HAMILTON, N.Y. (AP)—Kyle Roemer scored 15 points and Alex Woodhouse added 10 points and eight rebounds to lead Colgate to a 58-46 win over Holy Cross Wednesday night in Patriot League basketball.
Mike Venezia added 10 points for Colgate (10-10, 2-4 PL), which snapped a four-game losing streak.
Tim Clifford’s 11 points and seven rebounds led Holy Cross (10-9, 1-5).
Holy Cross led by as many as seven points in the first half. Colgate took its first lead, 14-12, on Woodhouse’s jumper with 8:24 left, and went on to lead 23-22 at the half.
In the second half, Holy Cross held a five-point lead, 31-26, before Colgate put together a nine-point run. Roemer scored the first five points in the run to tie the contest at 31-31, before Woodhouse scored on a layup and Roemer hit a jumper to put Colgate ahead for good.
Holy Cross could get no closer then five points in the final five minutes, and the Raiders made six of eight free throws in the final minute to secure the victory.
- Roemer's 15 points help Colgate beat Holy Cross 58-46
- No. 7 Virginia back track with a little luck, lots of 'D'
- Florida St looking to continue success against zone defenses
- Selection Sunday is just 5 weeks away
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Watson's 32 leads Creighton to 70-56 upset of No. 5 Xavier