Moten scores 19 to lead Bowling Green over Ball St.
MUNCIE, Ind. (AP)—Brian Moten scored 19 points as Bowling Green beat Ball State 63-53 Wednesday night in the Mid-American Conference.
Darryl Clements scored 13 and Nate Miller had 12 points and eight rebounds for the Falcons (10-9, 5-2 MAC).
Bowling Green made 4 of 6 3-pointers in the first half and led 31-20 at the break. The Falcons shot 56.1 percent (23-of-41) from the field for the game.
The Cardinals (3-16, 2-5) shot just 33.3 percent from the field but outscored the Falcons at the free-throw line, 12-11. Both teams had 30 rebounds.
Ball State scored 20 points off turnovers compared with Bowling Green’s 13. But the Falcons outscored the Cardinals in the paint 28-18.
Melvin Goins led Ball State with 18 points. Anthony Newell had 14 and Peyton Stovall had 10 points and 10 rebounds.
- Porter scores 22, No. 15 Georgetown tops Longwood
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66
- No. 14 Iowa State beats No. 24 Texas 85-75
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56