Davis scores 19 to lead Ark.-Pine Bluff over Texas Southern
HOUSTON (AP)—George Davis and William Byrd each had double-doubles Monday to lead Arkansas-Pine Bluff to a 73-58 victory over Texas Southern.
Davis had 19 points and 10 rebounds. Byrd had 14 points and 13 rebounds for Arkansas-Pine Bluff (9-9, 5-2 Southwestern Athletic Conference). Larry Williams added 13 points and eight rebounds and Marcelle Goins had 12 points.
Matthew Miller came off the bench to lead Texas Southern (4-16, 3-4) with 16 points. Anthony Ike scored 14 and Sollie Norwood 13.
Arkansas-Pine Bluff outrebounded Texas Southern 42-29.
The Golden Lions shot 50 percent from the field to 36 percent for Texas Southern.
- Dayton forward Chris Wright jumps higher than should be allowed
- Dubious record: Washington may see most players foul out
- Johnson, Bama's tough run starts with No. 15 Texas A&M
- Hield's 3-pointer lifts No. 3 Oklahoma past No. 24 Texas
- Villanova No. 1 in AP college hoops poll for first time
- UNLV loses freshman center Zimmerman to sprained left knee