Ark.-Little Rock beats Florida Atlantic, 80-76
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP)—Mike Smith scored a season-high 18 points to lead Arkansas-Little Rock to a 80-76 win Sunday night over Florida Atlantic.
Smith accounted for six points of the Trojans’ 13-0 run on Florida Atlantic in the second half to keep the lead for the remainder of the game. However, Arkansas-Little Rock (14-6, 6-3 Sun Belt) couldn’t pull too far away in the end as the Owls kept the score tight with a final basket with 12 seconds remaining.
With Sunday’s win, the Trojans are a game ahead of Louisiana-Lafayette for first place in the Sun Belt’s West Division.
Carderro Nwoji led Florida Atlantic (7-14, 3-7) with 17 points and seven rebounds. The Owls shot 44 percent from the floor, compared to the Trojans 54 percent shooting.
- At 48, ex-Tulsa star Herb Johnson is still playing pro basketball
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78