Robert Morris 83, St. Francis, N.Y. 78
MOON TOWNSHIP, Pa. (AP)—Jeremy Chappell and Tony Lee each scored 21 points to lead Robert Morris to an 83-78 victory over St. Francis (N.Y.) on Saturday night.
A.J. Jackson scored 12 points and Jimmy Langhurst added 10 for Robert Morris (15-6, 6-2 Northeast Conference).
Jamaal Womack scored 19 points, Kayode Ayeni 15, Ricky Cadell 14 and Robert Hines 13 for St. Francis (5-16, 2-8), which raced to a 39-36 lead in the first half on the strength of 14-for-22 (63.6 percent) shooting.
Robert Morris took control early in the second half, erasing its deficit and building an eight-point lead before St. Francis battled back and tied the score at 62-all with 7:59 left.
Robert Morris again pulled ahead, leading by eight and nine points twice. St. Francis rallied again in the final minutes, closing within three points on a 3-pointer by Ayeni with four seconds left, but Chappell helped seal the victory by hitting two free throws with three seconds left.
- Associated Press Writer
- Pearl: Auburn's Kareem Canty leaves team, school to turn pro
- Davis helps No. 19 Dayton beat Rhode Island 68-66
- UNC's Roy Williams: 'I feel fine' after vertigo attack at BC
- Yale winning streak at 11 after 75-65 win over Dartmouth
- Tough road awaits surging Wisconsin, back in Big Ten picture