Huffman on target from long range as Brown beats Yale 77-68
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP)—Damon Huffman had 23 points while Chris Skrelja added 16 points and grabbed a career-high 14 rebounds to lead Brown to a 77-68 win over Yale on Saturday.
Huffman, who connected on 7-of-11 shots overall, including 4-of-6 from 3-point range, put the Bears (9-7, 1-1 Ivy League) ahead to stay with a driving layup about halfway through the second half that made it 48-46.
Huffman later completed a 4-point play, hitting a 3-pointer and making the ensuing free throw for a 59-52 lead.
The Bears made 5 of their last 6 free throws in the final 45.6 seconds to snap Yale’s three-game winning streak.
Eric Flato led Yale with a season-high 24 points while Russ Morin chipped in with 18.
Brown took a 32-16 lead in the first 15 minutes of the game, but the Bulldogs (7-9, 1-1) pulled within 32-27 at halftime.
Brown’s win avenged a 66-63 overtime loss to Yale in the league opener on Jan. 19 and prevented the Bulldogs from going 2-0 in Ivy play for the first time since the 2001-02 season.
- Pittsburgh-West Virginia Preview
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78