Curry, Davidson crush Western Carolina 82-67
CULLOWHEE, N.C. (AP)—Stephen Curry scored 29 points and Davidson extended its winning streak to seven with an 82-67 win over Western Carolina on Monday.
In his 12th game of 20 or more points this season, Curry hit 6-of-11 3-pointers and added seven rebounds and five steals. Jason Richards had 18 points and eight assists for Davidson (11-6, 9-0 Southern Conference) in its 19th straight regular-season conference win dating to last season.
Curry hit a 3-pointer and a layup in 10-0 run in less than a minute to put Davidson ahead by 20 points late in the first half. The Wildcats hit nine first-half 3s and Curry had 18 points as Davidson raced to a 42-23 lead.
Brandon Giles had 23 points and eight rebounds and Blake Gallagher added 12 points and eight rebounds for Western Carolina (5-12, 1-6), which has lost five of six.
Playing in their first game in 10 days, the Catamounts trailed by as many as 30 points in the second half in their second loss to Davidson this month.
- Whatever happened to Harold Miner, the original 'Baby Jordan'?
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- No. 22 Kentucky blows out South Carolina 89-62
- Rosco Allen's 25 leads Stanford past No. 11 Oregon
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56
- No. 20 Providence ends skid with 75-72 win over Georgetown