Barrow leads Lamar to 93-90 OT win over Sam Houston State
BEAUMONT, Texas (AP)—Matthew Barrow scored 18 points, including four free throws in the final 27 seconds of overtime, to lead Lamar past Sam Houston State 93-90 on Saturday night.
Three minutes into the OT period, Lamar (8-8, 2-1 Southland) held an 85-78 lead after hitting three consecutive 3-pointers. Sam Houston came back to cut the lead to 89-88 before Barrow’s four free throws secured the win.
DeLuis Ramirez of the Bearkats (14-3, 2-2) hit a fast-break basket with 22 seconds left in regulation to tie the game at 76.
Lamar Sanders scored 18 points for the Cardinals. Brandon McThay and Justin Nabors scored 13 apiece, while Darren Hopkins and Kenny Dawkins each had 10.
Ramirez and Ashton Mitchell each scored 19 for the Bearkats. Shamir McDaniel had 13 points, John Gardiner 12, and Ryan Bright 11.
Sam Houston had a 39-33 halftime lead. Lamar had a 42-35 rebounding advantage.
- Lisch scores 20 to lead Saint Louis past Southern Illinois, 56-51
- Louisville's Pitino awaits NCAA interview about sex scandal
- Villanova No. 1 in AP college hoops poll for first time
- UNLV loses freshman center Zimmerman to sprained left knee
- White-hot Warney leads Stony Brook past Hartford 85-72
- Chattanooga gets 72-66 OT win over Mercer in SoCon showdown