Jenkins, Johnson lead Hofstra to 67-58 win over Drexel
PHILADELPHIA (AP)—Charles Jenkins scored 21 points and Dane Johnson added 17 to lead Hofstra to a 67-58 victory over Drexel on Saturday.
Greg Johnson also scored 15 points for Hofstra (4-12, 2-5 Colonial Athletic Association). Antoine Agudio was limited to six points and had his streak of double-figure scoring games halted at 48.
Frank Elegar led Drexel (9-10, 2-5) with 23 points and 13 rebounds. Tramayne Hawthorne added 13 points and Scott Rodgers 10.
Hofstra led 33-31 at the half before Drexel used a 16-12 run to move ahead 47-45 with 10:36 left.
Agudio made back-to-back layups to give Hofstra a 49-47 edge, but Rodgers tied the score with a layup.
Jenkins then took over, scoring six straight points with four free throws and a driving layup to put Hofstra ahead for good at 55-49.
Drexel closed within four points twice down the stretch, but Johnson countered with a jumper and 3-for-4 shooting from the line to seal the win.
Hofstra shot 26-for-51 (51 percent), while Drexel went 21-for-55 (38 percent). The Pride outrebounded the Dragons 37-30.
- Rapper J. Cole disses Kentucky's John Calipari in new song
- Pearl: Auburn's Kareem Canty leaves team, school to turn pro
- Davis helps No. 19 Dayton beat Rhode Island 68-66
- UNC's Roy Williams: 'I feel fine' after vertigo attack at BC
- Yale winning streak at 11 after 75-65 win over Dartmouth
- Tough road awaits surging Wisconsin, back in Big Ten picture