Centenary has 4 big scorers in win over Western Illinois
SHREVEPORT, La. (AP)—Tyrone Hamilton scored 21 points as Centenary had four players in double figures and the Gents took a 95-88 Summit League win over Western Illinois on Thursday.
Lance Hill added 19 for the Gents (8-10, 2-4) while Nick Stallings had 13 and Chase Adams added 17.
James Washington, who came off the bench for Western Illinois, led all scorers with 28. David Nurse, who was 5-of-6 from 3-point range, added 26, while David Jackson had 13 and Jerryck Owens-Murrey had 12 for the Leathernecks.
Both teams had similar field goal percentage numbers—48 percent for Western Illinois compared to 47.3 percent for Centenary and they were close in rebounding as well, 35 for Centenary and 34 for Western Illinois.
- NCAA underachiever, NBA success story: No. 6 Trevor Ariza
- Iowa State suspends Jameel McKay for violating team rules
- Brey: Notre Dame not intimidated by No. 2 North Carolina
- With Krzyzewski back, Duke looks to return to being Duke
- Florida State G Dwayne Bacon regains confidence after slump
- Sherrod sets record; Yale beats Columbia 86-72