Kenzik hits game-winning layup in OT to give Air Force 64-62 win over Wyoming
LARAMIE, Wyo. (AP)—Eric Kenzik’s layup with 1.4 seconds remaining in overtime gave Air Force a 64-62 victory over Wyoming on Wednesday night.
Brandon Ewing hit a 3-pointer with 3:26 left in overtime to give Wyoming (6-9, 0-3 Mountain West) its largest lead of the game, 62-56. But Air Force (10-6, 2-1) answered with six straight points to tie the score with 1:23 remaining.
Wyoming’s Joseph Taylor stole the ball and was fouled with 36 seconds left but missed both free throws, setting up the game-winning possession for the Falcons.
A 9-0 Wyoming run late in the second half cut the Air Force lead to 49-48. The teams traded baskets and free throws for much of the rest of the half before Taylor converted the first of two shots from the line with 36 seconds left to tie the score at 56.
Tim Anderson led Air Force with 19 points and Matt Holland added 11.
Ewing finished with 21 points for Wyoming and Brad Jones scored 16.
- No. 2 Kentucky beats Old Dominion 62-52
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65
- Brooks scores 30 as No. 16 Oregon beats Utah 76-66
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win