Axon’s 7 3-pointers lead Eastern Michigan to 65-61 win over Northern Illinois
DEKALB, Ill. (AP)—Jarred Axon had a game-high 23 points, including seven 3-pointers, to lead Eastern Michigan to a 65-61 win over Northern Illinois on Wednesday night.
Justin Dobbins scored 11 points and Carlos Medlock and Jesse Bunkley each added 10 points for Eastern Michigan (6-9, 2-1 Mid-American).
The Eagles led by 11 in the second half before eight unanswered points by Northern Illinois (4-11, 1-2 MAC) cut the lead to 54-51 with 4:26 left.
Axon’s final 3-pointer put the game out of reach. The senior was 7-for-12 from 3-point range. Shaun Logan’s 3-pointer with 2.2 seconds left cut the final margin to four.
Sean Smith led Northern Illinois with 15 points. Michael Hart added 12 points and Logan scored 10 points for the Huskies.
The Eagles trailed Northern Illinois 34-33 at halftime. But the Huskies’ shooting dried up to 36 percent after the break.
- Illinois State routs Southern Illinois 83-47
- Louisville's Pitino awaits NCAA interview about sex scandal
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Stephen F Austin cruises against Northwestern State, 83-72