Dugat scores 23 to lead Baylor over Oklahoma St.
WACO, Texas (AP)—Henry Dugat scored 23 points to lead four Baylor players in double figures as the Bears beat Oklahoma State 79-71 Tuesday night.
LaceDarius Dunn scored 13, Tweety Carter had 11 and Aaron Bruce scored 10 for Baylor (14-2, 2-0 Big 12).
Terrel Harris had 23 points for Oklahoma State (10-6, 1-1). Marcus Dove scored 12 and James Anderson and Byron Eaton scored 11 each.
Anderson came into the game as the Cowboys’ top scorer and the fourth-highest scorer in the Big 12 at 16.5 points a game. He left the game with an injury with 12:27 remaining in the second half and did not return.
The game was tied at 49-49 when Anderson went down. His departure seemed to energize Baylor, as the Bears went on a 14-4 run to take a 63-53 lead with 7:21 remaining.
After a Cowboy layup by Dove and two free throws by Baylor’s Dugat, Oklahoma State scored the next six points to cut the lead to four, 65-61, with 5 minutes left. Byron Eaton hit a jumper and made three consecutive free throws during the spurt for the Cowboys, but they couldn’t get any closer down the stretch.
Oklahoma State used an 11-0 run midway through the first half to turn a 19-12 deficit into a 26-22 lead with 7:29 remaining. Harris scored seven during the stretch.
- Three schools will don LeBron James brand jerseys next year
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69