Reserve play helps Southern U. to league win over Jackson State
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP)—Chris Davis and Jazz Williams combined for 33 points as Southern University rolled past Jackson State, 85-69, in a Southwestern Athletic Conference matchup on Monday night.
Davis, who came off the bench, led the Jaguars (5-10, 3-1) with 17 points, while Williams had 16. Julius Ingram added 10 for Southern, which led 42-33 at the half.
Darrion Griffin led all scorers, getting 24 points for Jackson State (5-12, 3-1). Grant Maxey added 18 and Garrison Johnson had 12.
Southern’s bench scored 45 points, compared to just four for the Tigers.
- Big 2nd half from Niang leads Iowa St. over Okla. St. 64-59
- Hoosiers use late surge to upset No. 4 Hawkeyes 85-78
- West Virginia forward Jonathan Holton reinstated to team
- Syracuse dominates Florida State 85-72
- Clark, Davis help UMass knock VCU out of first, 69-63
- Western Carolina upsets SoCon leader Chattanooga 67-61