Pease scores 25 as Towson beats Drexel, 86-77
TOWSON, Md. (AP)—Jonathan Pease scored 25 points and snagged 11 rebounds and Towson used a late run to down Drexel 86-77 Saturday afternoon.
A layup by Tony Durant capped an 11-1 Towson run with 3:39 remaining to put Towson ahead 71-55. Drexel drew within four, 79-75, with 27 seconds left on a three-pointer by Gerald Colds, but would get no closer. C.C. Williams finished with nine points and 10 assists for the Tigers, and Durant had 10 points and seven rebounds.
Drexel (8-9, 1-4 Colonial Athletic Association), fell behind early, as the Tigers (6-9, 2-3) went on a 16-3 run midway through the first half to take a 26-13 lead, capped by a Junior Hairston jumper by with 7:59 remaining in the period. The Dragons then scored 23 of the last 35 points of the half to cut the lead to 38-36 going into intermission, but Towson scored nine of the first 11 points of the second half to take a 47-38 lead.
Frank Elegar had 29 points and five rebounds to lead Drexel. Scott Rodgers added 16 points and eight rebounds.
- Nine former champions will go gray this season
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78