Williams scores 18 to lead UNT over Louisiana-Lafayette, 72-65
DENTON, Texas (AP)—Quincy Williams scored 18 points and grabbed seven rebounds to lead North Texas past Louisiana-Lafayette 72-65 on Saturday night.
The Ragin’ Cajuns took a 65-64 lead on Randell Daigle’s 3-pointer with 3:59 remaining. But the Mean Green (12-4, 3-2 Sun Belt) went on an 8-0 run to close out the game.
Collin Dennis scored 17 points, making eight of nine free throws for North Texas. Ben Bell, who tied the score on a 3-pointer to beat the halftime buzzer, finished with seven points and six assists.
The Mean Green held a 35-27 edge on the boards.
Daigle scored a career-high 17 points, with 15 coming on 3-pointers. He added four assists for the Ragin’ Cajuns (7-9, 4-2). Abray Milson had 10 points and six rebounds.
- Williams scores 18 to lead UNT over Louisiana-Lafayette, 72-65
- Trier scores 18, No. 17 Arizona holds off UCLA 81-75
- Holder scores 20, Arizona State knocks off No. 23 USC, 74-67
- Disallowed Boise State buzzer-beater should have counted
- Monmouth stuns Rider late in 79-78 win
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold